ISRO offers a free 10-day online course in remote sensing
IThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is inviting applications from students and professionals for a free online course on Remote Sensing Techniques for Geological Surveys.
Things to know:
· This course is titled Hyperspectral and Microwave Remote Sensing Techniques for Geological Surveys.
The course is offered through the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) portal.
The course will run from March 7 to March 17, 2022.
· At the end of the course, if the participant meets the attendance requirement, they will receive a certificate.
· Remark : Participants who attend course sessions via the IIRS YouTube Channel must mark their attendance via the offline session which will be available after 24 hours.
· Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to process and analyze space/airborne hyperspectral and microwave remote sensing data for geological applications.
· Participants applying for the course must be a postgraduate or final year postgraduate student in geosciences.
· Participants should have a basic knowledge of ‘Remote Sensing and GIS’.
· The number of places is limited. Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
· There is no fee charged to attend this course.
All course study materials such as lecture slides, video recorded lectures, open source software and demo materials etc. will be available online.
The video lectures will also be uploaded to a e-class.
What will you learn:
Principles of hyperspectral and microwave remote sensing, data analysis and applications
· Hyperspectral processing techniques: data reduction, end member selection, mapping methods; Processing of SAR data: INSAR, DInSAR, PolSAR.
Spectroscopy of major rocks and minerals (terrestrial and planetary)
· DINSAR for land surface deformation studies: studies on earthquakes, landslides, land subsidence and glacier dynamics.
How to register?
People wishing to register for the course can log in here.
To register, you will need to enter your details and qualifications.
Once all the details have been entered, click the preview button to browse the form.
Once done, click the Submit button.
For any queries you may have, you can contact Mr. Janardan Vishwakarma or Mr. Ashok Ghildiyal on 0135-2524130 or email them at [email protected]
(Editing by Yoshita Rao)